AUAV is proud to announce a new addition to the DroneCode open source hardware lineup. The XRacer V1, our latest next generation PixHawk derivative flight controller. This project was developed in cooperation with our DroneCode partners and our special thanks goes to Leonard Hall, Lorenz Meier and David Sidrane. Our original design goal was to develop a cost effective fully featured flight controller. Not only was this goal achieved, but in a number of ways exceeds the capabilities of all other production PixHawk boards. We combine the latest IMU offerings from InvenSense and a large number of capabilities in a micro 36mmx36mm form factor.
Some have asked if it was a mistake to name our board “XRacer”, be assured this was a well thought out decision. DIY flight controller software development in and for the FPV / FPV Racing communities are pushing the limits, capabilities and ease of use. Like many other complimentary industries we will all benefit. Think about the technology that has filtered from car racing to the average consumer automobiles or the various space agency derived tech that we use each and every day. This flight controller, like all of our designs is expertly engineered and manufactured leaving no doubt it can be used on any vehicle it can be fit to.
XRacer V1 specifications:
- MCU – STM32F427VIT6 rev.3
- FRAM – FM25V02-G
- Ultra low noise LDOs for sensors and FMU
- MPU9250, HMC5983 ( optional ), ICM20608 ( optional ), baro MS5611
- Connectors – GPS+I2C, RC-IN, PPM-IN, RSSI, SBus-IN, Spektrum-IN, USART3 ( TxD, RxD, CTS, RTS ), USART2 ( TxD, RxD, CTS, RTS ), FRSky-IN, FRSky-OUT, CAN, USART8 ( TxD, RxD ), ESP8266 ( full set ), SERVO1-SERVO6, USART7 ( TxD, RxD ), JTAG ( SWDIO, SWCLK ), POWER-BRICK ( VDD, Voltage, Current, GND ), BUZZER-LED_BUTTON
- MicroSD card reader
- RGB LED
- Micro USB
- ESP8266 802.11bgn ( optional )
- Dimensions – 36 x 36mm with 30.5 x 30.5mm hole grid with 3.2mm holes
- Molex Clik-Mate or JST GH series connectors for easy and robust peripheral connections
- Full set of professional grade silicone cables for almost any peripheral module.
- Power supply – 5-5.5VDC from USB or PowerBrick connector. Soon the ACSP4 ( 36 x 36mm power distribution, current, voltage sensor with 5V/2.5A ultra low noise buck and 12V/2A ultra low noise buck ) companion will be announced.
The price will be less $100USD and shipments are expected to begin in early December.
We are proud to be DroneCode members and look forward to contributing to the future DroneCode hardware platforms.
Thank you again for your support.
Phillip Kocmoud and Nick Arsov
AUAV.CO – Expect Good Things!